Splash Screens are a great way of introducing your website and is available as an option for all Folissimo themes.
To try out a splash screen for your site: click on the "Customise Theme" button to open the Theme Editor tick the 'splash' box on the top right
If you would like to customise the position and colour of your splash screen, click on the new tab "Splash" at the top then edit the available options.
Favicons are the tiny icons that appear in the browser tab when you're viewing your website.
We recommend that you upload your own because this will make your site stand out in people's history and bookmarks.
The default is the Folissimo logo, but you can upload your own image within the "preferences":
- Click on "preferences", then click on the "logo" tab
- Select "upload your own favicon"
- Choose any image, but if you upload an image which is 16x16 pixels it'll be really sharp
Typography is immensely important to the clarity and presentation of your content. If you’re not used to thinking about fonts, here are some tips to help improve style and readability:
- Keep it simple: if you’re planning to use more than 2 fonts, make sure you’re confidently going for a particular style because a lot of fonts can make a site messy and hard to navigate
- Vary headings & body text: make sure there is a clear difference between headings and the body of your text. This can be achieved in a number of ways:
- Alternate between a serif font (eg Times, Garamond, Georgia etc) and a sans-serif font (Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma etc)
- Use bold and italic to emphasise differences: eg set a heading in bold, then the body in italic
- Put headings in UPPERCASE to contrast with the body
- Take control of font sizes by making the heading much larger than the body text
- Ensure body text is legible: complex fonts can be great for very large header fonts, but can often be very difficult to read at normal text size. Make sure you use clear, well-spaced fonts whenever you want your audience to read more than a sentence of text.
- Keep an eye on current trends: every time you see some typography that you like, ask yourself why you like it and look at the details. Is it a nice font or a nice combination of fonts? Trends change fast, so you need to pay attention to keep up-to-date.
Customising your fonts on Folissimo
Each theme on Folissimo has a range of curated fonts, selected by the Folissimo team. If however, you would something more personal, then choose the “custom font” option from the fonts menu in the “Theme Editor” and then click “edit”. You will then be able to change the font, size, style and weight for your heading, menu and body text.